Sunday 18 March 2012

Glasgow Art Show 2012

When I went to see Frances at Art Exposure at the weekend, she told me that my paintings were all wrapped up and ready to go to the Glasgow Art Show - most exciting! Unfortunately she wasn't sure if she would have space for them to hang or not (especially as she had just got a delivery of pretty big still-wet Paul Kennedy paintings, which looked pretty amazing. She also has a few Howson's to show.
It was a couple of years ago that I visited the old Glasgow Art Fair, which used to be held in George Square, and promised myself that one day I would be one of the artists showing. Now it's happening and hopefully this new show will be as interesting as the old fair. It is happening in the Grand Ballroom at the Thistle Hotel, corner of Renfrew and Sauchiehall Streets, and there are about 50 galleries showing - Art Exposure is opposite the bar, which is nice and handy. Hopefully some of you will make it along and if so, please tell me what you thought.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic news Jane! Well done; and well deserved!
    I won't make it until Sunday, if we hook up I'll buy you a celebratory something...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, although on a Sunday afternoon it may end up being a coffee!

    ReplyDelete